* Aristotle Pagaltzis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [081208 19:16]:
> * Mark Overmeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-12-07 14:20]:
> > So why are you all so hessitating in making each other's life
> > easier? There is no 100% solution, but 0% is even worse!
>
> It looks like Python 3000 just tried that.
> People are not happy about it:
> http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/python/OsListdirProblem

I thought we were having a serious discussion.  We all know that
considering all names as Unicode is a stupid presumption.

It seems that some bright minds got stuck in a deep recursion about
codesets in file- and directory names.  A pitty that we do not
focus on the general concept of OS abstraction (knowing that some
problems are only partially solvable (on the moment)).
--
               MarkOv

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]