Hi all. I've been working on some stuff that's vaguely, tangentially CPAN-related.

My basic assumption is that there's going to be some kind of packaging system written around 6PAN.

One thing I've been working on recently is a (Perl 5) object that models package metadata. In theory, it should be able to model the metadata from a .rpm, a .deb, a CPAN package, or whatever. Then you read the data using a "metadata input class", and write it using a "metadata output class". This would mean that eg. CPAN metadata could be turned into RPM metadata, but also vice versa. Debian would naturally be convertible into either of these.

The model isn't CPAN-specific, but relying on such a setup would save work for everyone.

        Thoughts?

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayl...@wayland.id.au    | I am                           |