On 2009-01-12 Ovid <publiustemp-perl6interna...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Um, er.  Damn.  Now I'm wondering how my "leading" and "trailing"
> trimming works with Hebrew.  How are the strings implemented
> internally?

RTL (and bidi) languages are written in strings so that the character
order is the logical, reading, order. That is, the character "nearer
to the beginning of the string" is the first one to be read by a human
reader (so, such character would be displayed on the right for a RTL
language, on the left for a LTR language, at the top for a TTB language)

Short answer: your implementation is right :)

--
        Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>
        GPG public key fingerprint = A071 E618 DD2C 5901 9574

You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.