Mark J. Reed markjreed-at-gmail.com |Perl 6| wrote:
Well, you really made me realize that I'm looking for things that make
me impressed, and probably I don't get impressed that easy nowadays ;)

Well, maybe you should relax your expectations.  People who haven't
been following P6 development for the last near-decade may be
impressed by stuff that seems trivial to veterans.  :)

I really like the factorial example on the wiki page.  That really
gets across the expressiveness of P6, without being too hard to
understand despite its brevity.  It's not often you find an elegant
yet non-recursive solution to that problem.

I do think captures are inherently impressive, but not easy to explain...

"captures are inherently impressive, but not easy to explain..." Since nobody's done so yet, I suppose so.

As for fun and expressive, have you seen my APL and Lisp inspired stuff? In the latter, I found out for myself just how expressive it is in a deep appreciation I didn't have before. In particular, why is the Perl 6 version even shorter than Lisp? Because it has the fully overarching self-descriptive features, but lets you leave out excess verbage.