On May 29, 2009, at 22:40 , Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2009, John M. Dlugosz wrote:
Ah yes, on the PC historically you hold down the ALT key and type the code with the numpad keys.

At least when I used it, this was a decimal, rather than hex number, and had to be preceded by a 0 (zero).

I see ALT+xxxx a lot in Windows stuff, and have used it a few times (that is, while holding Alt type + and 4 hex digits).

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu