yary not.com-at-gmail.com |Perl 6| wrote:
I'm about halfway through reading Synopsis 3 and have a couple
comments/questions.

Is there, should there be unicode synonyms for the feed operators? eg
<== is also ⇐ &lArr;     LEFTWARDS DOUBLE ARROW
==> is also ⇒ &rArr;     RIGHTWARDS DOUBLE ARROW

I don't see as obvious candidates for <<== and ==>>, maybe LEFTWARDS ,
RIGHTWARDS TWO HEADED ARROW  ↞ and ↠. That's good in that the two
headed arrow looks like the angle brackets, but then the arrow shaft
isn't doubled, so it's more of a unicode synonym for -->>
More Unicode operators will be available via modules or defining yourself. It is an open issue as to making these true synonyms so MMD and people defining new forms of them don't have to worry about synonyms. But, there will be a syntax for that, and everyone is welcome to make use of that and upload modules to do that. Common use will emerge over time.

In a different section, S03 says- "In particular, you can say things
like C<$array.'@'> and C<$fh.'='>" to get the prefix form on the
operator. Hasn't prefix:<=> gone away for reading from filehandles?

Correct. You'll see a prefix = is not listed at the top of S03 for operators and their built-in use. I'll come up with something better and check it in.

After the tornado is over ... I keep losing my connection.

--John