On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, John M. Dlugosz wrote:

I have trouble using the arrow character in general. It's because of the fonts: they have such tiny heads the arrow doesn't show well at all, or match the surrounding character style. So I tend to avoid them on web pages, and any document where I'm not fully controlling the font mapping and rendering.

Allow me to mention that similar problems have existed for years in confusing '0' with 'O' and '1' with 'l' and 'I'. Note that some fonts have been particularly designed to distinguish these well (mostly the fixed-width fonts that programmers use). I would expect that similar "well-distinguished" fonts will appear as unicode becomes more popular.

        HTH,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayl...@wayland.id.au    | I am                           |