On Aug 17, 2009, at 14:27 , Moritz Lenz wrote:
ll 99:
   followed by a valid identifierN<
       A valid identifier is a sequence of alphanumerics and/or
       underscores, beginning with an alphabetic or underscore

Is there a good reason to deviate from Perl 6's definition of an
identifier? For the sake of consistentcy I'd just say that the Perl 6 rules
apply.

It occurs to me that *if* you are executing/evaluating (part of) the source, then it could be argued that an identifier should be defined by whatever language the parser ends up running, which might not be perl6.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu