I don't see the need for keeping UTC within a second of UT, either. I
also think the Gregorian correction is a little silly, but at least it
only rears its head 3 times in 400 years.

Still, that horse has sailed, right?  Perl 6 is using TAI, and the
burden of correcting for civil time is on the implementation. I wasn't
trying to re-raise the spectre of leap seconds.  I just want to know
what Perl 6 time zero is.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjr...@gmail.com>