On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Mark J. Reed <markjr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd much rather see a single consistent style throughout

Yeah, that's was my main point/question.  I wanted to know if it was
it some intentional convention (e.g., "all methods that change the
object state use hyphens, and all others use underscores") or if it
was just meaningless inconsistency.

Perl 6 does need some sort of convention in this area.  Since it has a
wider range of possible method names, there are more options.  It took
a little while for Perl 5 to converge on method_names_like_this()
(after trying methodNamesLikeThis and LikeThis and so on), but many of
those experiments and false starts still linger on CPAN and in
end-user code.  It'd be nice to avoid all that in Perl 6.

-John