Oha (>):
> after speaking with masak, i come up with some ideas about Buf
> i would like to share with you, maybe you can find them usefull
>
> http://register.oha.it/buf.pod

Just thought I'd weigh in here a bit. Oha's proposal consists of two
parts, each of which is interesting in its own right:

* The spec already has Buf as a Stringy, Array-ish thing. Perhaps one
could optimize for the ways Buf will actually be used, and think up an
API that combines the encoding/pushing and decoding/shifting into
single operations?

* Grammars define a hierarchical structure that seems to be perfect
for encoding the packing of larger pieces of data, for example when
serializing an object structure. Could one use grammars, or something
very much like it, as a "modern" &pack template?

While I'm not convinced of the specifics of Oha's proposals, I think
the cores of both of these ideas have merit.

// Carl