On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Moritz Lenz <mor...@faui2k3.org> wrote:

> Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> > On 9/7/10 08:17 , nore...@github.com wrote:
> >> Commit: 7611788411e5aff5f3ae150e2da9929ee546d6d8
> >>
> http://github.com/perl6/specs/commit/7611788411e5aff5f3ae150e2da9929ee546d6d8
> >
> > It was nicer when these contained the actual diffs like they used to,
> > instead of forcing me to go poke at the tree.
>
> Indeed. Any contributions to restoring that behavior are very welcome.

I'm surprised anyone actually ever read the diff part of the message. I
would prefer to never see that feature again. This has a link to the commit,
which has a much better diff viewer than plaintext email (hello? 1997
called, they want their change notices back). It links to the actual change
and even highlights the changes. Now I'll actually take a moment to sift
through the changes. I vote to never see those diff emails ever again. In
fact, if the diffs are brought back, I'll just subscribe to the commit feed
and skip the email notice all together.

-Jason