David Grove wrote:

> > Is there anything that stops me from taking my binary copy
> > of Perl from ActiveState, cutting it to CD, and handing it to
> > someone else?  I thought not!
>
>You appear to be unfamiliar with ActiveState's license. It is specifically
>prohibited from being redistributed without permission, from Perl itself to
>the
>binary compiles of the modules.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/License_Agreement.html

Item 2.  You are right.

However under section 4 of the AL they must either provide
documentation on changes to executables which I think is missing,
or else claim to be distributing a standard version in which case
the stuff covered by the standard version may be redistributed
under 4a.

Since their license says your rights have not been limited to
software covered under the AL, you can redistribute perl.exe.

>That's the problem.

It would be a bigger problem if they say you cannot redistribute
perl.exe.

Would you care to comment on whether either or both proposed RFCs
manage to address your issue?

Thanks,
Ben