At 11:30 AM 9/8/00 -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
>Adam Turoff wrote:
>
> > *: Sarathy tells me that Perforce sucks at maintaining thousands of
> > anonymous checkouts, while CVS doesn't mind at all.  This is a perfect
> > reason to use anon CVS vs. Perforce, but does not require that Perforce be
> > ditched in favor of CVS, only that an anon CVS gateway be maintained.
>
>Will this anonymous gateway have all the relevant meta-data?  Will it look,
>to a user of the gateway, like the live repository is CVS when they go
>hunting through metadata?

I don't think there can be a one-to-one mapping--perforce changes may
affect multiple files, while CVS changes don't. That'll end up with a
single checkin to perforce looking like multiple CVS checkins. Probably not
a big deal, since the real problem would be going the other way.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk