Today around 11:55am, David Grove hammered out this masterpiece:

: Don't miss the point. I'm not proposing to look for masters using
: brainbench, but for viable apprentices that way. Basic Perl skill seems a
: certian criterium for candidacy, as would basic c skill for some areas.
: I've also ranked master there, but only in Perl, not perlguts. I've
: proposed using the tests in my company for potential employees, because if
: nothing else it can help identify people who do RTFM. Basically, at the
: minimalest, it could dispell fears by masters that they would end up with
: apprentices wanting to learn basic CGI. It seems logical that we could get
: more master-volunteers if we can help to assure them they won't be working
: with ... well, with someone with desire but no frame of reference. (I
: think that's politically correct.) Remember, the purpose of this
: apprenticeship is to help people who are not familiar with perl internals
: become so. Requiring familiarity with perl internals as a criterium for
: candicacy for learning basic familiarity with perl internals is not
: logical [logic error: infinite loop].

Point taken.  :-)

: If your message was intended as private, sorry for going public. I wanted
: to make this clarification.

No, it was public and you made a good clarification.

--
print(join(' ', qw(Casey R. Tweten)));my $sig={mail=>'[EMAIL PROTECTED]',site=>
'http://home.kiski.net/~crt'};print "\n",'.'x(length($sig->{site})+6),"\n";