> There has been some suggestion of perl not putting the object in the argument
> list when calling a method, but instead having a special var.
>
> If that happens we should be able to test the special var for defined-ness
> to determine how we were called.
>
> Just a thought.

Perl RFC97 suggests allowing multiple functions with the same name if they
are declared to take different arguments. Simplistically, this could be
extended to allow a sub to be declared as a 'method' (perhaps by
indicating that its first arg was an object of the relevant type, perhaps
not).

Then you have the method call and procedural call in the same namespace
with the same name but different function signatures.

jb