Sheesh.  I type things too fast and then I see the horrifying typos I've made
(blush)

----- Original Message ----
From: Ovid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> do things that is hard to do in other languages.

"do things that *are* hard to do in other languages"

> Perl6 not only fixes a lot of that cruft but also adds new, powerful features
> which
> makes programmers more productive and thus can churn out apps quicker.

"which make"

> The can alleviate many bugs

"This can alleviate many bugs"

> And to multiple all items in an array by some value?

"multiply"

OK, I'll stop now even though there's more.  Wow.  What a terrible mess.

As an aside for those who, like me, wanted to see support for logic
programming:  the only significant disappoinment I have with Perl6 is also,
oddly enough, accompanied by a sigh of relief.  Perl6 will easily support
imperative, functional and OO syntax.  But what about logic programming?  Perl6
rules might help, but there will be no support for things that Prolog and
Mercury do naturally.

The "sigh of relief" stems from my realization that logic programming in Perl6
would probably be implemented incorrectly because the easiest way to implement
it is usually wrong, though this can be very tough to see at first.  It's my
understanding that logic programming wasn't incorporated due to the desire to
not delay the initial release of Perl6 (I could be wrong).  However, after
having done a fair amount of work with logic programming, I realize that one of
the greatest implementation mistakes with it is that results tend to be bags
and not sets (SQL shares this problem).  Thus, when one naturally wants all of
the answers to a query, one often gets duplicate results and this is almost
always wrong. (See http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/28378 for an SQL example
of this problem).

Cheers,
Ovid