* Michael Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-26 12:45]:
> In the end it was decided to rewrite that chunk in Perl. I can
> tell you, there definitely was cursing in the office that day,
> and I doubt anyone there would see it as a plus to have the
> ability to mix languages more easily. I just wouldn't put it
> that way if I were trying to sell Perl6 to a business manager.

Using libraries from other languages and writing code in multiple
languages are very different things. You will not be able to
argue with a straight face that being able to do the former is a
downside. Currently, “other languages” translates to C, so the
utility of this is limited; being able to bridge to more
languages would be a great boon.

Regards,