[...]

Also, what is the best place to begin learning the Perl6 syntax? A
tutorial would be great, as a dry technical specification of the
language doesn't teach very well.

IMHO examples teach the best. A table with "Perl5 version" versus "Perl6 version" examples - even one-liners - would be lovely.

I don't know if this URL had already shown up in the list or not, but anyway, I have just come across with it:
http://cog.cognitivity.com/perl6/

There is also a PD version of the Perl5 Cookbook for Perl6 - I can't find the link to it :(, but IMO it is(?) included in the Pugs docs.

- Fagzal
ps: BTW, I am also in favour of MVC. :)