On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 09:49:42AM -0700, Jon Lang wrote:
: 2009/3/24 Larry Wall <la...@wall.org>:
: > http://www.wall.org/~larry/camelia.pdf
:
: Cute.  I do like the hyper-operated smiley-face.
:
: What I'd really like to see, though, is a logo that speaks to Perl's
: linguistic roots.  That, more than anything else I can think of, is
: _the_ defining feature of Perl.

Not picking on you in particular, but I think there's a tendency to
go way too abstract in most of these proposals.  I want something
with gut appeal on the order of Tux.  In particular I want a logo
for Perl 6 that is:

    Fun
    Cool
    Cute
    Named
    Lively
    Punable
    Personal
    Concrete
    Symmetric
    Asymmetric
    Attractive
    Relational
    Metamorphic
    Decolorizable
    Shrinkable to textual icon
    Shrinkable to graphical icon

In addition, you can extend just about anything by attaching "P6"
wings to it.  I also take it as a given that we want to discourage
misogyny in our community.  You of the masculine persuasion should
consider it an opportunity to show off your sensitive side.  :)

Hence, Camelia.

Larry