On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:43:47PM -0400, Guy Hulbert wrote:
: On Wed, 2009-25-03 at 09:39 -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 08:54:34AM -0400, Guy Hulbert wrote:
: > : On Wed, 2009-25-03 at 22:45 +1100, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
: > : >         Additionally, while you recommended Camelia for Rakudo, my
: > : > understanding was that Larry was recommending it for Perl 6 rather than
: > : > Rakudo.
: >
: > This is correct.  Patrick has the final say on Rakudo's logo.
:
: Here is something then:
: http://p6.hpfamily.net/rakudo-0.png

I like Camelia at that size, though the left-right balance is off in a couple
ways.

: > So let me summarize the requirements into a meta-requirement:
: >
: >     The new logo must make Larry at least as happy as Camelia does.
:
: If anyone likes this and Larry is happy, I have some in-house artists
: with gimp skills far superior to my own who might be persuaded to work
: on it tonight.

Well, I don't have to be persuaded, and I'm my own in-house artist
(well, I have Geneva too, who's just as good at that as I am--okay,
maybe she's better--and I also bummed a certain amount of gimp advice
from Lewis).  So anyway, I thought I'd take a crack at a 16x16 Camelia.
I think this does tolerable fair as a favicon:

    http://www.wall.org/~larry/cameliafav.ico

To be honest, I thought I'd have to simplify her a lot more than turned
out to be necessary.  Hand-crafted anti-aliasing is your friend. :)

Anyway, managed to squeeze in the black wings with the P and the 6,
the buggy eyes, the antennae, the legs (sort of) and, of course, the
Mona Lisa smirk.  More importantly, the outline still very much says
"butterfly" against most backgrounds, and the face is large enough
to still have some personality.

Larry