On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Richard Hainsworth
<rich...@rusrating.ru> wrote:
> Gabor,
>
> there is a big gap between 'i wrote snippets' to 'i wrote modules'. How
> about 'i have written programs to solve real problems' ?
>
> How about a question on involvement in the perl6 development process, so as
> to see how many people are following the process passively, and how many are
> contributing in some way.
>
> How about a question concerning respondents perceptions of perl6 as a
> language they would like to use, or something comparing the language with
> othr languages.
>
> If these are in line with the aim of the survey and you want, I could write
> the questions and provide possible graded answers.

These sound like good ideas.
We are interested both in usage and in the involvement of people in
the development of Perl 5/6, CPAN
and in the obstacles people see.

So in relation to what Katherine wrote earlier we should have a
question trying to figure out what are people waiting for before they
start using Perl 6.
Also I'd like to be able to figure out what could make more people
contribute to the development. On any levels so that would include
implementing part of Rakudo or writing tests or docs or any other area
of involvement.

The answers can be either single choice or multiple choice with a
limit to the number of choices and we can always provide a comment
field.

Your help in preparing the questions is appreciated!

regards
   Gabor