On 09/13/2016 03:12 PM, Timo Paulssen wrote:> If one big integer is
allowed to be 14 gigabytes big (if we use the > default of 28 bits per
"mp digit"; it's also possible to use 31 or > 60.), we can still safely
say "limited only by memory" for now.

Something else that makes this pretty difficult is that our big ints
currently act immutable, so if we ++ a number all the way up to 14
gigabytes, we'll keep around a whole bunch of older big ints until the
GC thinks it has to kick in ...

If you have an exabyte of RAM or a significant amount of swap space, you
ought to be able to work with this, though.

Be prepared for The Slow, though :)