On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:58 PM ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com> wrote:

> My big gripe with the documentation is that it is written as
> a refresher for those that already know what they are doing.
> This is why I am such a good case for spotting things that
> do not resonate with beginners.
>
> I am clueless, until I learn.  When I do, I write my own
> notes.  I have been trying to remember to write you guys
> when the docs fly over my head.

The documentation isn't a tutorial, but is still improving every day.

I've been making my way through brian d foy's new book "Learning Perl 6:
Keeping the Easy, Hard, and Impossible Within Reach" (
https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Perl-Keeping-Impossible-Within/dp/149197768X
)

It is an awesome learning resource, much more in depth than the online
docs.  I'm very impressed by the thoroughness and overall quality.

I've found it quite an enjoyable read, and have already learned quite a few
things and a better understanding of other things myself.
(I'll try to write an Amazon review when I get a chance -- it will get 5
stars from me.)

Curt
(I was a Kickstarter funder.)