> At the top of all my Perl 6 programs, I place
> #!/usr/bin/env perl6
>
> So I decided to run env by itself and see what I got:
>
>       $ /usr/bin/env perl6
>       You may want to `zef install Readline` or `zef install
>           Linenoise` or use rlwrap for a line editor
>
>       To exit type 'exit' or '^D'
>
> Is this suppose to happen?

Yes. The "shebang" line
 #!/usr/bin/env perl6

means "use the env to find the perl6 exe and run it" just as:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl6

does, only that's more specific.  So, you're seeing P6 in interactive mode, and
it's advising you that w/o Linenoise or Readline, you won't be able to use "<up
arrow>" etc for editing in interactive mode.
$ man env
NAME
       env - run a program in a modified environment

You can do
$ which perl6
to see where the exe might be found, too.
________________________________
rakudo-pkg-Fedora31-2019.07.1-03.x86_64.rpm

At the top of all my Perl 6 programs, I place
#!/usr/bin/env perl6

So I decided to run env by itself and see what I got:

      $ /usr/bin/env perl6
      You may want to `zef install Readline` or `zef install
          Linenoise` or use rlwrap for a line editor

      To exit type 'exit' or '^D'

Is this suppose to happen?

Many thanks,
-T