>> really means something like
{* => (morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone])}

> Taking into account that => has tighter precedence than , what you get in:
my %h = *, a => [1,2,3];

> is actually the following data structure:
%( Whatever => Pair )

That's sort of what I said, or, at least, saw.
> Regarding your use of postcircumfix [ ] on the data, you use it on Pair.

Not quite sure what this means, but is that how you'd get the [<list of rocks>]
array from %stash? I could get the pair back, but not the "inner" array of the
pair's 2nd partner, so to speak:
>> say @(%stash{*})
(morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone])
>> say @(%stash{*}).[0]
morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]
>> say @(%stash{*}).[1]
Nil
>> say @(%stash{*}).[0].{morerocks}
===SORRY!=== Error while compiling:
Undeclared routine:
    morerocks used at line 1

________________________________
Taking into account that => has tighter precedence than , what you get in:

my %h = *, a => [1,2,3];

is actually the following data structure:

%( Whatever => Pair )

Regarding your use of postcircumfix [ ] on the data, you use it on Pair.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman

On Mar 13, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Andy Bach
<andy_b...@wiwb.uscourts.gov<mailto:andy_b...@wiwb.uscourts.gov>> wrote:

> my  %stash = monsters => @monsters, rocks => @rocks
{monsters => [godzilla grendel wormface blob fingfangfoom tingler], rocks =>
[marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]}
> my @more_rocks = << marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone >>
[marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]
> my  %stash = *, morerocks => @rocks
{* => morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]}
> say %stash{*}
(morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone])

So, I'm guessing the display
{* => morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]}

really means something like
{* => (morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone])}

maybe?
> say @(%stash{*})
(morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone])
> say @(%stash{*}).[0]
morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]
> say @(%stash{*}).[1]
Nil
> say @(%stash{*}).[0].{morerocks}
===SORRY!=== Error while compiling:
Undeclared routine:
    morerocks used at line 1

> say @(%stash{*}).[0].[0]
morerocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]
> say @(%stash{*}).[0].[1]
Index out of range. Is: 1, should be in 0..0
  in block <unit> at <unknown file> line 1

> say @(%stash{*}).[0].[0].perl
:morerocks(["marble", "sandstone", "granite", "chert", "pumice", "limestone"])
> say @(%stash{*}).[0].perl
:morerocks(["marble", "sandstone", "granite", "chert", "pumice", "limestone"])

I dunno.

________________________________
Thanks yary! The code you posted works perfectly.

Okay, one last question. I tried to use the 'DRY' principle to add
things to a hash. However, (thinking that a 'whatever star' might
reduce typing), I came up with an odd "ternary" structure. Can anyone
explain the last line of code, below?

mbook:~ homedir$ perl6
To exit type 'exit' or '^D'
> my @monsters = << godzilla grendel wormface blob fingfangfoom tingler >>;
[godzilla grendel wormface blob fingfangfoom tingler]
> my @rocks = << marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone >>
[marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]
> my  %stash = monsters => @monsters
{monsters => [godzilla grendel wormface blob fingfangfoom tingler]}
> my %stash = *, rocks => @rocks;
{* => rocks => [marble sandstone granite chert pumice limestone]}

Thanks, Bill.