Going back to the original question,

should not the doc page say?

      method cos( Cool:D: --> Cool:D )

On 12/23/20 4:28 PM, Ralph Mellor wrote:
> If a method does not explicitly specify its invocant type, it is set
> to the type of the enclosing class.

But it does not specify an invocant.  It just leaves it blank

> The `cos` method is declared in the `Cool` class, so that is its
> invocant type.
>
> The doc shows that it's declared in the `Cool` class.
>
> So, the doc is fine as is for the invocant.

I was not asking if you could pick it up by context with
other things written on the page.  I was specifically asking
about the definition line.

Once you learn to read them, the definition lines can be really
useful.  My problem is that they are often incorrect, which
put a hammer into learning them.

> The returned value is a cosine, which, per the linked doc,
> is a real number. The doc could perhaps show a return value
> of Real:D.

I like it!

This look right to me (but keep in mind I don't know what I am doing)
    method cos( Cool:D: --> Real:D )

These two look wrong to me:
    method cos()
    method cos( --> Cool:D )  or --> Real:D

Thank you for the wonderful explanation.

-T