> However I had to use "Int" instead of "int":

Ah, "int" is the "lower" level, native integer and "Int" is the raku. An "int"
is immutable or something? The page
https://docs.raku.org/language/numerics#Native_numerics

has:
my int $x = 2⁶³-1;
say $x;             # OUTPUT: «9223372036854775807␤»
say ++$x;           # OUTPUT: «-9223372036854775808␤»

But I see
> my int $x = 2⁶³-1
9223372036854775807
> say $x
9223372036854775807
> say ++$x
Cannot find method 'qast' on object of type NQPMu

 NQP (Not Quite Perl) Mu has no "qast" method - qast is the successor to past,
Parrot AST and AST is Abstract Syntax Tree. I guess $x *is * the int, not an
container/variable holding an int value.

Man, there's a lot I don't know about raku!  That section on colon pairs
cleared up a lot.