> On 10 Jul 2022, at 17:38, Richard Hainsworth <rnhainswo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have begun uploading modules to fez.

Good to hear!

If that is a module that was on the p6c ecosystem before, please let me know,
so that we can remove it from the p6c ecosystem.

> Suppose a module is in active development. And I have v0.7.1, then v0.7.2
> etc. Do I need to upload each version, or will fez automatically provide the
> most updated module?

Fez (aka https://360.zef.pm) will provide *all* versions.  When you install a
module with zef without version specification, it will install the highest
numbered one.  Should you wish to install v0.7.1 for some reason, you can have
zef install that by specifying the version (zef install 'Foo:ver<0.7.1>')

> When p6c was the main ecosystem, the reference was to github. So, the latest
> version on github was used, and zef would use whatever was on github.

Yes, and that was fine originally, but it isn't anymore.  The biggest issue is
that someone can change the contents of a module *without* updating the version
information, thus creating different distributions in the wild that share the
same version.

When you upload to fez (or CPAN for that matter), you can only upload each
version once.

Hope this helps!

Liz