Dear colleagues,

I just posted in my blog an example of Otsu's optimal thresholding applied
to a problem in remote sensing of glaciers. I thought that some of you
might be possibly interested in having a look at it because I included some
of the PDL code used to solve the problem, including a subroutine for
calculating cumulative histograms. The post can be seen here:

http://scientiaplusconscientia.wordpress.com/2014/08/13/mapping-snowlines-on-temperate-glaciers-the-wonders-of-optimal-thresholding/

Disclaimer: The post is about a technique applied to a glaciological
problem, and does not pretend to be an example of beautiful or efficient
code. However, as a happy PDL user, I hope that my post might help spread
awareness of PDL. Comments are welcome!

All the best

Hernán