Hi David-

I think if we start trying to get something in the perl5 core we'll rediscover the pain that Stevan Little found. Right now my thought was to use the existing perl5 MOP (i.e., Mo[o[se]) to generate the PDL::Tiny classes and using that information to generate the C object binding/implementation. I'm looking at the Enlightenment Object model as a starting point for the C object model to avoid re-inventing the wheel. One nice thing there is that the EO library can be called from either C or *real* C++ code so you can have the best of both worlds without the problem of forcing the use of a specific C++ compiler everywhere....

--Chris