Long boring thread again.

I just want to note that simply putting an online dictionary
service on the web does not need any permission from the
copyright holder of the dictionary data.  So for example I can
buy an Aryanpour dictionary, extract the data, and write a web
program that you can query the meaning of a particular word, and
it would return to you the meaning.

The important point here is that, for this to be legal:

  * You should have obtained your copy of the information
legally, eg. bought the CD.

  * You should not redistribute the data, eg. no "download
dictionary here".

Last but not least, IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).

behdad

PS.  I know at least one online dictionary service that is
claiming to be legal in this way.  They do not service to the
public still because they are not sure about the validity of the
above argument.