From: pestlist@googlegroups.com [mailto:pestlist@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
jmcin...@famsf.org
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:42 PM
To: Museumpests <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [pestlist] Successful Blunder Trap Naming/Numbering Conventions?

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of unifying all of the previously isolated
trapping areas in the museum for improved integration. Does anyone have
opinions about the best way to number and identify individual traps? My plan is
to label them as such:

Month/Year placed
Room or Gallery Number - Trap #

That seems straight forward, and more or less what we've been doing, but there
are many rooms and some rooms have 20+ traps - some on the ground and some up
on cabinets. Does it help to break large rooms up into something like A,B,C
areas then the trap #?  I want to do things right the first time around, so I'm
trying to think ahead to all the information that might be helpful to have on a
label and then in the logging worksheets.

I'd love to hear/see examples of how everyone labels their traps and learn what
works and what doesn't.

Regards!

Julie
Collections Care Assistant
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/ed5e00bd-b82b-4b80-bd24-0074ee4ef662%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/ed5e00bd-b82b-4b80-bd24-0074ee4ef662%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.