Hello Everyone,

At present, we are experiencing a lot of change around how public spaces are
used. Areas that until recently were food and drink-free, are now used
differently. Additionally, some events spaces are now what I would refer to as
"dual use". By this, I mean that they can be used interchangeably for
collection-based or catered events.

I have implemented additional monitoring, and am working closely with our
Facilities team on reducing risk in these areas (i.e. fabric of building,
housekeeping). What I am interested in is learning about how other institutions
do or do not communicate with their visitors about pest management. I would be
very grateful if anyone would be willing to share their experiences of
encouraging the responsible consumption and disposal of food  - did it have the
desired impact? How did you measure success? Did you meet internal resistance
with other departments? All thoughts gratefully received!

Many Thanks,

Amy.

Amy Sampson
Preventive Conservation Associate
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/>  +44 (0)20
8876 3444  Ext. 2435
amy.samp...@nationalarchives.gov.uk<mailto:amy.samp...@nationalarchives.gov.uk>

 National Archives Disclaimer This email and any files transmitted with it are
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete the email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official
business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/LO2P265MB110332F10C031BDA05D3AB71B3DC0%40LO2P265MB1103.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.