Joel,

I am sorry for the late responses but I have been out of the office all week.
I do not work in the exhibit hall so it is hard for me to tell if the wings are
from termites or from ants.  I work in another building where all the
collections are housed.  I do not check any of their traps.   I know they only
have an exterminator that comes by about once a month, far as traps they do not
have any that I know about. I not sure what he does but when checks the exhibit
hall. In the building that I work in the exterminator sprays the outside of the
building and the area where the offices area, he is not allowed to spray in the
lab, and in the collection areas.  I always inform him about pest I fine that
might be a threat.  I am not sure if any of the exhibit hall workers have found
anything but wings.
The area is away from a windows, and low light.  The exhibit hall Manger said
that he thought that was where the larger number of termites were at before
they fumigated.  That they had to take down part of a large display that is on
one side where they are seeing the wings.   The Manger thanks it could be from
an old infestation but I do not see how when they vacuum and clean few hours
later they see dust and wings again.
I am not sure what type of termites  they fumigated for, and I am not sure what
they used. I do know that they had to keep the exhibit hall closed for 48 hours
when they did fumigated, the exterminator told me that there was all kinds of
pest that were killed not just the termites.   I am not sure how fast they
cleaned up all the other pest that were killed.
The concern with opening the one display case up was that the beetles were
alive and may fly out into the other areas, but if you do not open it up than
the beetles may eat all the items that are in the case.   The other display
area there is no way to open it up that I could see, guess a drill and
borescope.  I am guessing this can get into cost.
 I am also not sure how clean they are getting everything.
I am currently the only one campus that knows about museum pest.  All I know  I
learned when I started in 2017.

Thanks, for the help
Adrienne Dastgir