Amy-

We purchased one of these for our anoxic treatments.  Previous to the
AnoxiBug system, we used the "Ageless-eye" pink/purple pills.  The
red/green light on the Anoxibug system gives a much more clear and
confident "yes vs no" relative to the Ageless-eyes purple/pink pill- which
made us super excited.  However, as others have mentioned on this thread,
exactly when that light switches might be a little questionable.

One of the big questions we have is: when should people replace
the sensor?  Given the nature of how tight the window needs to be for low
oxygen for treatments to be effective, it seems like there isn't much
margin for error for sensors to be off- even by just 0.1%.  When ordering a
new sensor, should you just by one off Amazon?- I remember looking around
Hanwell's website a while back, and I couldn't find a way to order just the
replacement sensor (40XV CiTiceL).  My understanding is these sensors break
down somewhat as they sit on the shelf even when kept in their original
"blister pack", so when ordering one off Amazon for example, how does one
know that sensor hasn't been sitting in a warehouse for a year... or 10?
(maybe there is a date stamped on it somewhere- I'm not sure- I haven't
tried ordering one yet)

When institutions order these AnoxiBug units, is there an understanding
that they should plan on ordering new replacement sensors every 1-2 years
just to be safe?- kind of the same mentality as giving cars routine oil
changes?  Given the nature of the precision required for confident anoxic
treatments, I wish Hanwell offered a program where you could send them in
every year or two to have them confirmed as accurate.  Otherwise, being
realistic, how are institutions supposed to feel 100% confident that the
red-to-green light actually means 0.2%?  I would gladly pay
shipping/handling- even with a "service charge" of some sort for the peace
of mind knowing that "green light means effective treatment in progress".
-Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of businesses might
offer accuracy testing using "NIST certified tanks of calibrant gas" as
mentioned in the study? -I'm not even sure what to Google for that one...

I have heard people mention that certain insects are more "durable" than
others, and can be harder to kill in treatments.  Of the insects that are
considered "easier to kill", might the Anoxibug unit still be useful in
giving an accurate indication of an "effective treatment in progress"- even
if the green light might be indicating ~5%-1.2% as mentioned in the study?

Thanks for putting that study together- very interesting!

Thanks,
Todd