I ran into a large project involving heaps of moldy textiles, moccasins and
woven mats. They had all been frozen already, but were covered in insect
debris.   I ended up sealing each one in plastic with thymol for several
months while processing it.  It worked very well.  Each one was opened in a
fume chamber to  vent for a few hours and then cleaned.   Mold seems to
have been 100% eradicated.  No smell or new growth after 2 years.  Not sure
if that helps, at all!  Obviously different scenario...
Cheers,
Linda