From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Todd
Holmberg
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 3:46 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: [PestList] Trichogramma Wasps

Hello Group-

For those that didn't already see it, there was an article in The NY Times
today about Trichogramma wasps vs moths.  The article was spotlighting a
situation in England.  It will be interesting to see if this becomes a more
mainstream IPM tool in the US down the road if success/safety can be proven
from their use in other areas of the world.

My understanding is the wasp variety that has been scientifically proven to
target webbing clothes moths is currently not allowed in the US.
Hypothetically, if it is a safe/effective/successful moth treatment, who is
going to lead the charge to "legalize" that specific wasp variety?  Would this
kind of thing be up to museum staff/IPM contractors to contact politicians or
the FDA?-  I would have no idea where to start with that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/world/europe/blickling-hall-wasps-moths.html

-Todd
pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAMxAh%2BhNqecW3EM1FDQ3%2B7Rhi%2Bv0QpPkZ2J%3D_L2yV98GxCQMDA%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAMxAh%2BhNqecW3EM1FDQ3%2B7Rhi%2Bv0QpPkZ2J%3D_L2yV98GxCQMDA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.