From: <pestlist@googlegroups.com> on behalf of "Dawn, Melissa"
<melissa.d...@montana.edu>
Date: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 5:36 PM
To: "pestlist@googlegroups.com" <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [PestList] ants in collections area

We have noticed a larger than usual number of ants entering a collections area
from a crack under an exterior door. The best IPM solution is clearly to
request this crack be sealed, but until this repair can be made, is it a danger
to the collection to place ant bait traps inside the collections area beside
this door? (The artifacts stored in this area are primarily furniture,
vehicles, and equipment.) If traps are not harmful, what type of a trap would
be best, and what type should be avoided? Also, would it endanger the
collection if facilities sprayed for ants on the exterior of the building?

We could buy a recommended product, but these are the traps our janitorial
staff currently have available for non-collections areas: 1) Terro
Multi-Surface Liquid Ant Baits (enclosed bait station with 5.4% Sodium
Tetraborate Decahydrate aka Borax) and 2) Raid Ant Baits (enclosed bait station
with .01% Avermectin B1).

Thank you for any feedback,
Melissa

Melissa Dawn

Assistant Registrar

Division of the Humanities

Museum of the Rockies

melissa.d...@montana.edu

406.994.2242

600 West Kagy Blvd.

Bozeman, MT  59717
pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/MWHPR02MB322965DB3497A328F502E52588229%40MWHPR02MB3229.namprd02.prod.outlook.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_d_msgid_pestlist_MWHPR02MB322965DB3497A328F502E52588229-2540MWHPR02MB3229.namprd02.prod.outlook.com-3Futm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-5Fsource-3Dfooter&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=GO7C3XN3WgFy2IP-bFBbnUs_CYntqj57Dprtl40-_KE&m=gMSSLxkJ5Betl5INYP42LiNKLUC9g-RcFFbaaV5BEUw&s=8uNEeC850292VvmrRZ0bkAnrkh7CxlKtnuj27snGEHM&e=>.