Hello,

At our museum, we have started capturing more and more brown dotted clothes
moths in our pheromone traps and elsewhere in the museum galleries. The first
time I found one was back in August of last year, and most recently as 3 in the
past month in very different areas of the museum.

Is there anything that we should be particularly aware of as we continue to
find them? Are others also finding them more and more in their museums? We also
currently have some webbing clothes moths (not at an infestation level however)
and have been trying to tackle that problem with varying degrees of success.

Thank you,

Aisha De Avila-Shin
Assistant Collections Manager
Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11238-6052
P 718-501-6565

brooklynmuseum.org<https://www.brooklynmuseum.org>
Exhibitions<https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions> |
Membership<https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/support/join/membership> |