possibly a Silphidae Larvea  or necrophila
Americana<https://bugguide.net/node/view/245240>? Or Carrion
beetle<https://mlbs.virginia.edu/organism/necrophila_americana>? It is hard to
see the details in image.

From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tony
Irwin
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 1:21 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [PestList] Mystery blob

Hi Fran
I would say this is a beetle larva, but I can't place it in a family with any
confidence. Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of the North American
fauna will recognise it. As far as I can see, it's not a pest species.
Best wishes
Tony

Dr A.G.Irwin
47 The Avenues
Norwich
Norfolk NR2 3PH
England
mobile: +44(0)7880707834
phone: +44(0)1603 453524

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 at 16:51, 'Ritchie, Fran E' via MuseumPests