Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on clothes moth pheromones - we've been using
the Storgard tinea pellionella and tineola biselliella combi lures for about
six months and haven't seen any clothes moths in our traps. We have previously
found both pellionella and biselliella, as well as hofmannophila
pseudospretella and more recently monopis crocicapitella in our storage spaces
and have dealt with infestations of pellionella and biselliella in our fur and
furniture collections.

We were using Insects Limited pheromones previously which had been very
effective but moved to the Storgard lure as our new supplier didn't carry
Insects Limited pheromones. We had a low-level ongoing clothes moth presence
for a few years and I'm not sure if the current lack of moths is due to our
trapping and eradication programs working, or that these particular pheromones
aren't as effective as others.

Has anyone compared different brands of pheromones or have any recommendations?
Would be great to know which brands have worked well for others!

Thanks so much!

Best,
Jessie

Jessie Gray

Preventive Conservator
Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
500 Harris Street, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007 Australia

The Powerhouse acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the ancestral
homelands upon which our museums are situated. We respect their Elders, past,
present and future and recognise their continuous connection to Country.