We have those same mites in our traps.  They seem to appear almont only in
traps with booklice.  Since we have no plants in the collection storage
areas, I'm assuming they are some sort of predatory mite feeding on
booklouse nymphs, but that is just a working theory.

Alan

*Alan Van Dyke *
Senior Preservation Technician
Harry Ransom Center