From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Watts,
Angela B <awa...@ku.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2023 3:47:11 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [PestList] Non-food bait for mouse traps

[CAUTION: This message originated from outside the Foundation. Do not click
links, open attachments or take action unless you know the contents are safe]

Hello all,

Folks working in my building have recently noticed some mice near the front
exterior doors, so I would like to put out some additional snap traps around
the building. Inside my art storage area I don’t like to use food based bait
like peanut butter because we ended up having trouble with spider beetles
feeding off it, so I have used things like cotton and yarn nesting materials as
bait with fair results, but I don’t have a big problem with mice actually
inside the storage areas.

I was wondering if anyone on the list has some other ideas for things I could
use for baiting the traps that wouldn’t create a food source for the six-legged
kind of pests.

Thanks in advance!

Angela Watts (she/her)

Collection Manager

Spencer Museum of Art

University of Kansas

awa...@ku.edu

785-864-4979

pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/DM8PR01MB7112C073F9232F186D190C74BA51A%40DM8PR01MB7112.prod.exchangelabs.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/DM8PR01MB7112C073F9232F186D190C74BA51A%40DM8PR01MB7112.prod.exchangelabs.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.