Da: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> per conto di Ashley
Bowersox <anbower...@gmail.com>
Inviato: domenica 26 novembre 2023 17:32
A: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Oggetto: Re: [PestList] RE: Peach Tree and Preventing Pests in Exhibition

Hi Shelly,

I have a couple of questions about this tree, is the tree already dead wood, or
is the intention to keep the tree alive/in full foliage for the exhibition? I
would be cautious when investigating methods of treatment, as typical treatment
methods would likely result in damage (leaf or bloom drop) or potentially even
death of the tree. Additionally, the heavy application of insecticide might
cause significant visual alterations (such as leaf scorching) that may not fit
the artist's vision.

I think this needs to be more closely discussed with the artist, and possibly
an arborist. If the tree needs to stay alive and unaltered, a hyper-sensitive
monitoring program in the exhibition spaces for the exhibit's duration may be
your best course of action.

Best,

Ashley Bowersox
Preventive Conservator

anbower...@gmail.com<mailto:anbower...@gmail.com>
+49 159 01367788 • LinkedIn<https://de.linkedin.com/in/ashley-bowersox>

pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAG5q_WOx7HGyqYrHDnp7qKnfnHC9huKt4ZdDSNZpz-gMjxCCPQ%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAG5q_WOx7HGyqYrHDnp7qKnfnHC9huKt4ZdDSNZpz-gMjxCCPQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.