From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Todd
Holmberg
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2024 1:42 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: [External] - [PestList] Anoxic Treatment Protocols

Hello Pest list-

I am curious if anyone has used these oxygen absorbers from ULINE for anoxic
treatments:

https://www.uline.com/BL_288/Oxygen-Absorbing-Packets

The ones we have used in the past were from Mitsubishi.  We have an account
with Uline, so ordering these would be a little more convenient.  I wasn't sure
if there were differences between absorbers and if there would be a reason to
be cautious about using "any packet that is an oxygen absorber".

According to MuseumPest.net:

  *   Care must be taken to select the proper oxygen scavenger.  Some oxygen
scavengers contain an added desiccant (e.g. RP Type A), which could decrease
the equilibrium
Also, when considering performing an anoxic treatment on an "oil on canvas"
painting, are there other critical concerns other than prussian blue?

The general specs of the treatment will be:
-In a Marvelseal envelope with oxygen eaters
-Flushed with nitrogen gas
-Temp around 70 F (room temp)
-RH in the 50%'s
-Duration 21 days

If anyone has insight into these Uline absorbers, or thoughts about the specs
above, I would be grateful to hear what your thoughts are.

Thanks!
Todd
pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAMxAh%2Bi4MPoB8skhM7NO8%3Duk1ZDnQzKqr%3DO9_zSUTsps8zdVFw%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAMxAh%2Bi4MPoB8skhM7NO8%3Duk1ZDnQzKqr%3DO9_zSUTsps8zdVFw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.