Hannah -
Look at the photo of the credit card placed in the groove of the StopGap.
Won't this groove also collect hair, a favorite food of carpet beetle larvae?
Perhaps a more permanent seal could be obtained with a clear caulking compound
in the cracks.
Have you investigated carpet beetle traps from Insects Limited in Indianapolis,
Indiana?  There are several kinds of pheromone traps on the market.
Tom Parker
    On Tuesday, July 2, 2024 at 06:38:47 AM EDT, Hannah Mortell