Hi All,

We have had persistent carpet beetle activity in one of our temporary
exhibition galleries, which were brought in a number of years ago with a loan
and have unfortunately settled in. The gallery doesn't have any permanent
collection and gets changed over 2-3 times a year, so the pests must be living
in the fabric of the building itself. We have sealed the edges of the room, and
encased ventilation, and a few years ago did a huge clean above the gallery
(which has a partially encased glass roof). Based on the monitoring I believe
the pests can only be coming from above and/or below.

Before going up again and throwing off our exhibition schedule, I'd like to try
sealing the floorboards which have large gaps in some places.
I came across a post of the V&A dealing with a similar issue and using a
product called Stopgap - Filling gaps in floorboards with StopGap
(stopgaps.com)<https://stopgaps.com/filling-gaps-in-floorboards/>
Does anyone have experience with this product? Or have any advice on dealing
with a similar issue?

Many thanks,

Hannah Mortell
Assistant Conservator

Mon-Fri 8.00-16.00

E: hannah.mort...@rpmt.org.uk<mailto:hannah.mort...@rpmt.org.uk>
T: 01273 071242

Brighton & Hove Museums
brightonmuseums.org.uk<https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/>

Brighton & Hove Museums is a trading name of the Royal Pavilion & Museums
Trust: Registered Charity No: 1186986, Company Registration No: 11774969.
Website: https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/ Postal address: Royal Pavilion
Gardens, Brighton, BN1 1FN