From: 'Helen Barnes' via MuseumPests <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2024 12:20 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: [PestList] Humane mouse traps

Hello All,

I've read recently, humane rodent traps have been used instead of the more
traditional bait traps because the users didn't want rodents eating the baits
and then dying in the building. We're currently using bait traps and although
I'm not aware of any finds of decomposing mice, we do have another issue of
carpet beetles being attracted to the baits evidenced by large numbers of
larval castings being found in the trap.

Has anyone switched to using humane mouse traps and has there been any benefits
or downsides to using this method of rodent control?

Many thanks
Helen

Helen Barnes

Curation Officer

Collections
[cid:image001.png@01DAEA54.8FC00710]

Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria

Birdwood Avenue
Melbourne Victoria 3004

T +61 3 9252 2316<tel:+61%203%209252%202316>
helen.bar...@rbg.vic.gov.au<mailto:helen.bar...@rbg.vic.gov.au>

rbg.vic.gov.au<http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/>

________________________________

[cid:image002.png@01DAEA54.8FC00710]

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the lands on which we work, and pay
our respects to their Elders past and present. Click
here<https://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/about-us/publications/> to read more about how
the Gardens values inclusion.

confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright. No part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the
sender and/or copyright owner. It is the responsibility of the recipient to
check for and remove viruses. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. You are not authorised to use, communicate or rely on the information
contained in this email. Please consider the environment before printing this
email.
pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/SY0P300MB036984075C20D1810D2172F8F8B92%40SY0P300MB0369.AUSP300.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/SY0P300MB036984075C20D1810D2172F8F8B92%40SY0P300MB0369.AUSP300.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Helen Barnes

Curation Officer

Collections

Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria

Birdwood Avenue

Melbourne Victoria 3004

T <a href='tel:+61 3 9252 2316'
style='text-decoration:none;color:#6a6a6a;border:none;'>+61 3 9252 2316</a>
style='text-decoration:none;color:#6a6a6a;border:none;'>helen.bar...@rbg.vic.gov.au</a>

rbg.vic.gov.au

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the lands on which we work, and pay
our respects to their Elders past and present. Click here to read more about
how the Gardens values inclusion.This email and any attachments may contain
information that is personal, confidential, legally privileged and/or