This is a message from the Pest Management Database List.

I am the Collections Curator at the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery
Science Center, where we are in the planning stage of a big move to a
newly built building.  Our collections, which include a large clothing
and textile collection, appear pretty clean right now as far as pests
go, but a history of carpet beetle infestations makes me wary of moving
old problems to this new facility.  I am trying to plan the most
effective yet feasible method for insuring that we don't move pests with
our collections.  What's best?  Spot checking and only addressing
problems as they appear?  Freezing everything?  Having our pest
management company bomb our current collections storage?

If you have moved recently and dealt with this issue I'd love to get
your advice!

“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind;
the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." Henry James

Linda Moore
Collections Curator
Fort Collins Museum
(970) 416-2784